Weston Theme Documentation
Creating Your Blog Page
To create your blog page, navigate to Pages->Add New. Give your page a title, and select one of the four blog page templates from the Page Attributes box on the right.
- Blog – A standard blog layout with sidebar on the right.
- Blog Full Width – A standard blog layout where the posts span full width of the content area and there is no sidebar.
- Blog Masonry – A three column masonry layout with sidebar on the right.
- Blog Masonry Full Width – A four column masonry layout spanning the full width of the content area with no sidebar.
- Blog Minimal – A super clean center blog layout.
The post meta is the info that appears under the post titles, such as date, author, etc. To control what bits of info are show here, navigate to Appearance->Customize->Blog->Post Meta.
Visual Composer Blog Element
The Weston theme comes with a Blog element that allows you to display a grid or carousel of posts anywhere on a page using Visual Composer. On the page in which you are adding the blog element click the Backend Editor button at the top left of the editor.
Click the Add Element button. From the available elements select the Blog element.
The Blog element settings dialog will automatically open. Here you can configure the element to give it a style of your own. Once you are finished configuring the element, click the Save Changes button and then Save/Update the page.
Since the page template that you selected for your blog page will only affect your main blog page, we’ve given you options to configure your Archives pages. This includes pages like category and tag archives. To do so, navigate to Appearance->Customizes->Blog->Archives.