Bramble comes with a one-click demo importer. So setting up your site to look and function just like the demo has never been easier.
Importing the Demo Content
Before running the importer, make sure that you have installed and activated the required and recommended plugins. You will see a message at the top of your dashboard if you have not yet done so.
- Goto Appearance -> Demo Import.
- Click the Import button.
- Be patient and wait for the import process to complete. It can take up to 5-7 minutes.
Make sure to only run the Demo Importer one time. Running it multiple times will result in duplicate content.
How long should it take?
The demo import should take around 5-7 minutes to complete. There are a lot of big and beautiful images and sliders, so moving that much content can take some time. If you find that the import is taking much longer than 5-7 minutes or if you receive a 500 error mmessage, there’s probably a problem, and you can navigate away from the import page.
If the import does get stuck, you may need to increase the max exectution time. You can do this by adding this code to your wp-config.php file right above the “/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */” line:
If you continue to have trouble, make sure that you have enough memory allocated to php. This can be set in your wp-config.php file. Try upping it to 256M. Learn about changing max memory limit.
Before running the demo import again, you should reset the database. We recommend the WordPress Reset plugin.
Alternative Importing Method
If the one click demo import does not complete or takes too long, you most likely have a memory limit on your server as explained above. Here is another method to try.
- Go to Tools -> Import
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the demo content .xml using the form provided on that page. The xml file can be found in the theme folder in inc/demo-import/demo-content/bramble-content.xml
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- If the import does not fully complete, repeat these steps again as many times as necessary until you receive the Success message.
If you used the alternative importing method, you will need to manually import the Revolution sliders.
- Go to Slider Revolution -> Import Slider
- The demo sliders can be found within the theme folder in inc/demo-import/demo-content.
- Choose the slider zip you want to import.